Do you feel you are wasting your potential on unfruitful things making you feel down in the end? Each and everyone dreams of working at our maximum efficiency, getting as much done as possible in all the time that is allotted to us in a day. Our social, economic and emotional obligations make us have to finish work, tend to family and friends, giving time to self working on goals, etc. But in the midst of doing all of this, we tend to lose the balance between a good social and family life. On the web, you will find millions upon millions of productivity hacks and tips and strategies, but here?s a comprehensive list of how to boost productivity and get more work done in daily life.
- Make a task list the previous night encompassing all that you wish to get done the following day. This prima facie tip of all productivity hacks is a must, in order to step little by little towards achieving all our goals. Simply dedicate 15 minutes of your time each night, note down all the things you need to do tomorrow, and put them in a checklist format. This ensures you have a head start already when you wake up the next morning and in turn motivates you to tick things off of your checklist.
- Always arrive early at work and everywhere else in life. Arriving early everywhere will simply teach you to manage deadlines more efficiently, and the edge that punctuality gives us over the others. By simply getting out of the house when required to, and sitting in traffic will frustrate you out, and make you wonder what more you could have done with all the extra time that you would have had in hand. That is why, always make a habit of waking up early, getting things done before-hand, and arrive where you are supposed to ahead of time.
- Learn to take breaks during extensive work hours. Simply doing small tasks like taking short, planned 5 minute breaks between hour long study sessions, or leaving the office for lunch, or taking one or two hours worth of power naps during the day can kickstart your body all over again, make you feel rejuvenated for the workload ahead, and increase your efficiency much more.
- Minimize distractions as much and wherever possible. This goes without saying, but distractions are what keep us from achieving all that we can without them. Having the need to check social media every now and then, replying to unimportant messages, feeling restless after little sessions of activity, all of these are signs of distracting elements. Get rid of them as soon as possible, and make controlled habits of disciplining yourself to dedicated and allotted time for unproductive things like these. In this way, you can boost productivity more than you ever imagined.
- Lastly, keep your end-goal and ambitions in your sights at all times. As this is so intensely personal to any individual, keep a notebook, or note-card in your phone listing down all your goals that you want to achieve within stipulated and a set period of time. This will always act as a reminder of why you wake up in the morning, and focus your attention into maximising productivity and efficiency, and help bring out the best version of yourself from within.
After these tips and tricks, you are all set to give your lifestyle a complete overhaul, and get started on your journey to productive accomplishments. Follow this, and watch yourself go get that assignment finished, that essay submitted, and that order executed in no time!