In the business world making relations, networking with people and handling client based relations is a part of its core functionality. Business deals work on how effectively one manages these relations. Getting the right deal in right time can make or break your business. This client relationship management becomes even more important when your client is a high profile one who can get really big deals in your pocket. While dealing with them there are several things that have to be kept in mind so as to not turn your relation with your client into a complete disaster. Here are some mistakes that you should avoid doing while dealing with a high profile client.
- Delaying unnecessarily – Time is everything when it comes to business deals. A high profile client is very much time conscious and never likes to waste time. Neither they themselves delay things nor do they like dealing with the ones who do it. You always need to check their availability in advance and fix a time accordingly so as to avoid any exigencies in grabbing your deal.
- Compromising with service quality – A high profile client works day night and expects high standards when it comes to service delivery which they expect in return from you. Be fast enough to serve them on time, anticipating their needs in advance. It is you who has to make sure that your client gets everything high on quality even before they ask for it.
- Be ready to serve them 24/7 – High profile clients keep on travelling and may be in different time zones when they respond to you. They can?t help it as it is their busy schedule which forces them to work that way. You need to make sure that they get the response well on time from your side too. Delay at this could possibly cost you your deal with them.
- Do your homework properly – Never let a high profile client question you on your part of the work. Always be ready with proper research and ground work before going to fix a deal with a high profile client. They are the ones with a lot of experience, so you have to be pitch perfect with what you are about to offer to them.
- Attitude and behavior – After all it is your own attitude, your commitment and desire to fix the deal zealously is what will make the client interested in you along with the benefits that you offer. Also your behavior while dealing with them should be extremely formal and full of warm gestures so as to not make them feel disgusted working with you.